Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Two from Heather (trendy USPS)


 I love these two. I love the colors and the style and the drawing. I suspect there will be idea-appropriation. And some of you are probably expecting me to make a comment on the flag stamps. Heather is in the military at an APO address, so perhaps there are not many choices in stamps. Or perhaps she likes the flag stamps. I actually like this flag design better than some of the others. They look great with the black lettering. There have been a few stamp designs that I have LOVED.

So, thank you for your service, Heather. If you ever retire from the military, I hope you know that the USPS loves to hire veterans and veterans have a little extra pull when it comes to advancement. The longer my son works there, the more I appreciate the USPS.

I like how I have become a career advisor and how gung ho I am on the USPS. (noon coffee)

****

Add-on.

Now that my brain is literally damaged, I can't remember if I ever mentioned my idea to promote the USPS as a trendy place to work. I've noticed there are some very trendy looking young people delivering my mail. One of the things my son likes about the job is that he doesn't have to bother with a gym membership to work out. He gets a work out at work. I wonder if that would be a trendy selling point.

Wouldn't that be fun - if the USPS suddenly became a cool place to work. Several years ago Project Runway had a challenge for the designers to come up with more stylish uniforms. As I recall, the winning design was a riff on athletic wear. Maybe Patagonia would want to design USPS uniforms. 

I keep thinking this bonk on the head has enhanced my brain. Mr Wilson doesn't think so. I have a new weird *quirk* where diagonals bother me. I always had a preference for verticals and horizontals over diagonals. But, diagonals are now making me queazy. 


1 comment:

  1. oh wow, those are lovely!!! (i hope i get mine from her sometime soon!) #jealous ! :)

    ReplyDelete