Friday, August 27, 2021

Patriotic (short updates) USPS rates going up


This was from Debbie Gallas in July and it is a highly steal worthy idea. I actually like that stamp even though I seldom go with the patriotic stamps. BIG NEW for some of us. Postal rates are going up. So you might want to stock up on some of the current stamps.

This is the 4th post during the new phase. Excuse the mistakes. I do try to edit -- but that skill is still a bit scrambled. It feels like I have been the engineer on this train for 69 years and then some crazy astronaut broke into the engine and he thinks we are going to Mars. He's messing with me.

Mr Wilson just texted that he is on his way home from the store.
I'll just ooh and ahh over everything -- even if it isn't exactly what I was hoping for.

My desk is cleared off and it is entirely possible that I will attempt to do envelopes tomorrow.
Whoo-hoo!!

***
I did end up doing 8 envelopes.
Not the best, but not too bad.
And I am off the pain meds.
Written Aug 23

***

And since my Idaho (I presume) envelope pal left a comment yesterday I am going to explain that the precooked potatoes were out of desperation and I only recommend them for truly desperate situations. I would have to start a new blog to describe MrW's approach to the kitchen. His cooking is scary. His helping-the-cook is sumthun' else. I did manage to teach him about the different power levels on a microwave - so, I had to find things that he could heat up. Cooking was out of the question. Thankfully, my ability to cook is getting along nicely. 

And thank you for the recommendation of rice and pasta - both are long time comfort foods. But, they both require some attention to be cooked properly (or to my level of pickiness). He did find some precooked rice in single serving containers that worked out. I'm not a fan of precooked anything and all that plastic packaging. But, they really helped while I was getting back on track. To me -- finding the right foods is a full 50% of any recovery. When I think back to those items that came on mealtime trays at the hospital, I am surprised that anyone makes it out alive. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment