Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Troy's folded Fritzie-lope


 I really liked the seal. It's not wax. I've seen a lot of wax seals that have been crushed by the automated equipment at the Post Office. It seems to be some kind of rubbery-acrylic-titanium-indestructable material for people who long for the look of cool old time mail. 

I never saw Downton Abbey when it was all the rage, so, at the beginning of the summer, I started watching it to see why it was so popular. I have not figured it out. I mostly look at the details, like their little letters to each other. The itty-bitty envelopes and enclosures are so sweet. This letter from Troy -done on fine art paper- reminded me of the mail in Downton Abbey. 

I shot a ton of photos so you can figure out the fold on your own. It has an official name - Fritzi-lope. I wonder if she is the originator -- or if she learned it from somewhere. Fritzie Harry - from the Houston Calligraphy Guild.

I can't explain how or why the image of the front jumped to the left. 






This is what it looks like after you pry that seal off the paper.
It is also step 3 - if you try to do this on your own.


This is step 2
After you have found the mid-point and folded 2 sides in to meet in the middle
you need two more folds on the side to *square it up*
These 2 folds need to be equal distance from the mid point and establish the width of the envelope.

The depth of the flap, the front and the back are all the same.
The depth of the point that tucks in - is a little less.



Step 1 -- I would make a light pencil line, using a ruler from corner to corner.
The other two corners meet at that line.
Paper is 11x11
Width of final envelope is 6x4.25
Flap is 4.25 deep

I guess you need a little more info than this
unless you are a paper folding fanatic - in which case you will start messing around with these measurements and make it work.

Troy's paper was 11 x 11.25
and it is very heavy paper - so precision was not a big deal.

Then, there was an adorable mini-version on the inside.
It was super wonky - in a good way --
shows that a person can have fun with the folding 
if they so choose.

I am having a terrible time getting myself back to the chores.
Thank you Troy for this lovely diversion.





No comments:

Post a Comment