Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Leslie's bike card and envelope - ( Grammar+food - 2 hot topics )

Apologies for this post not popping up at 5 am.
I wrote it a while ago - prior to my brain injury - 
and I simply forgot to plug in 1:00 am as the time to publish.
Happy to report that I had an appointment yesterday that did not find anything alarming.
Advice is the same -- be patient.


That's a perfect photo for an envelope. 
Black and white with a touch of red. Also perfect.

***

Coffee fueled rambling about grammar and food.

Why if you play the bass - do you pronounce it base as in baseball.  It looks like it should be bass - as in the fish you caught.

I asked the BigHelpfulBrother and he found an answer for me ( I will add the link )

I loved the first line:

Because language is wonderfully insane :) The musical term "bass" is not only pronounced like "base", but also it means "base" (as in "low"), and indeed is essentially the same word.

From now on, I do not have to worry about words and spelling - I can just say: language is wonderfully insane. If you read farther - or is it further? Gee - it doesn't matter, it's just more insanity -- the next guy wrote about The Great Vowel Shift. My education is/was spotty at best, so I have never heard of The Great Vowel Shift. While I am tempted to weave it into my highly scientific and cosmically correct theory about every single thing including language being made up of alien phlogiston, I will refrain. I am trying to think of a new story. But, I do not like fiction at all. I only like stories that are based on fact. 

Maybe some new facts will pop up. In the meantime, let's look for food that is really fast, delicious and nutritious. That reminds me of the iron clad rule about selling your services/products that you produce on your own:

You may have good service/product

You may have fast service or a product made quickly

Your service/product will be affordable

Choose two. There is no way to have all three at the same time.

Same with food - fast/delicious/nutritious. I don't think you can have all three. Although, that doesn't include the cost. I'm pretty sure that if you have unlimited funds, you can find something that is fast, delicious, as well as nutritious. <sigh>  It is time for me to perfect my recipe for People Chow. Tasty little nuggets that you can munch on. They require no cooking, you just eat them and feel wonderful because they are healthy and delicious. 

https://www.quora.com/Why-in-sound-systems-is-it-spelled-bass-when-it-is-pronounced-like-base?share=1

No comments:

Post a Comment