Tuesday, June 8, 2021

To Leslie from ?? (Partytime font)


 I generally have only two guesses on who the DSM postmarked envelopes to Leslie are. It's possible she mails envelopes to herself. This one could be from either Patty or Janet - or maybe someone else. The style of lettering on the *iowa* reminds me of the exemplar I have that is called Partytime. It's one of my favorites for beginners because you have a few very basic shapes and then you get to find lots of variations for each letter. 

***

The BigHelpfulBrother painted a word picture for me. He described his 70s as being a book and the binding has worn out so that some of the pages are loose - and once in a while a page falls out and gets lost. That's how I feel, too. 


4 comments:

  1. I meant to add a photo of the PartyTime alphabet -- and will try to get that done at some point...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's from Janet, if you want to update the caption! (*I rarely send envelopes to myself, as I hate "wasting" the stamp!) :D

    ReplyDelete