Monday, June 14, 2021

HB to G3 from Smash (famous people)


Soooo pretty - from Smash.
That O-R-G is genius.
I am having this weird feeling that I already posted this and talked about how long it took me to figure out the *stay safe* on the card. 

*****

It's a shame to have this lame daily add-on linked to such fine calligraphy. But, I am trusting that Smash will not take it personally. We can call it - going from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Recently in posts about some famous Iowans I pondered why people pay attention to where famous people come from. It's probably a lizard brain function. I feel a tremendous kinship with my ancestor's countries as well as places I have lived. There must be some kind of lizard comfort experience kinship.

I found this information on a website that has plugged in tons of famous people and you can do a search for people from any town, or from any state. You can also search for a date and find well-known people who were also born on that date. Once you are at a state - you can refine your search for just the singers or the politicians or whatever. 

The (huge) downside is that they have included a ton of people who are YouTube and TikToc *celebrities* so there are a TON of people whose fame might be short-lived. I imagine they have not included all the famous artists from all time. And while Ralph Lauren is on their list, Halston is not. I imagine it's hard to find every single person who has ever been famous. I believe there is a similar site that has just birthdays of artists - applied artists, painters, sculptors, etc. I'm not even tempted to search for it. 

The link takes you to famous people born in Chicago. 

We will try for something less drivel-ous tomorrow.

https://www.famousbirthdays.com/city/chicago-il.html
 

No comments:

Post a Comment