Saturday, June 26, 2021

Coffee time with Janet (dream dolls)


I love this lettering from Janet. It will be easy for me to steal it and send my own version back to her because she did the J-E-A-N which are the first 4 letters I need for her name - and then I only need a T.

I also love the sentiment on the back of the envelope.


 ***

After reading just the first chapter of the scary sci-fi story about ISU, Hester sent me this link to *nightmare catchers.* I called them dream dolls, when I typed in the heading because I could not remember what they were called. I'll post the link to the blog where she saw them. 

https://bayouquilts.blogspot.com

That link looks like it might go to the current blogpost. I can't make it add on the date. You may need to scroll to the May 26, 2021 post to see the nightmare catchers. She also has some nice shots of her garden.

I admire people who have such pretty gardens. From time to time, I have made an effort to improve the situation in my yard. This was the year that I announced to Mr Wilson that I am through with the yard. I give up. The weeds have won. He is free to do whatever he likes. I also gave up on the houseplants. One of them had a lot of sentimental value as it came from a cutting from my *that person* in college. I can't remember what you call the person who has to sign off on all your decisions. Advisor? I guess that's it. Anyhow, I thought the world of him - and was delighted when someone who had a cutting from his pencil cactus gave me a cutting. So, I've had that plant for longer than Mr Wilson and I have been married.

Composted.

Just like that.

The pencil cactus - not Mr Wilson.

Not to get back into sci-fi again -- but, I've been on board with any and all of the research that discovers the way plants are just like people - they communicate and look out for each other. So - I did feel like a murderer. But, I got over it. I think the cactus was relieved to get out of my house. I think it's going to be a lot happier. Or, perhaps, someday it will exact some revenge on me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment