Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Leslie - (ISU story - Chapter 5)


I forgot to show the back of the envelope from Leslie.
And then, George got a bonus mailing from Leslie because she saw this writing on IG and wanted to give it a try.

It took me quite a while to figure out that the insert says Happy Easter.
once you know it says Easter -- it is so obvious.




***
Dang. I think I forgot what Chapter 5 is about. I was going to delay Chapter 5 for several days. I started writing this blurb a few times with silly excuses for why I had to delay Chapter 5 and then I realized that I was just being a jerk. I take full responsibility for having a certain amount of jerkiness in my personality. But, not enough to intentionally keep you hanging in suspense. 

I implied that I was going to reveal what the original substance of all other substances is. Technically, I think I can do that. But first we have to agree that all the stuff that is not literally *stuff* is just as *real* as the literal stuff. Maybe we are talking about tangible and intangible. I'm sure you get the point. 

An example would be *feelings.* Are feelings *real*? Yup. Is your imagination *real*? Yup. And there is a ton of other stuff besides feelings and imagination that is real - but not exactly tangible. So, since we have absolute proof and agreement that all the stuff that we have (whether tangible or intangible) exists - we should be able to discern from whence it all came.

At this point, prepare yourself for being annoyed with me. 
Everything is made up of phlogiston. 

Now, hang on a minute. I know all y'all are thinking that phlogiston is some silly thing they thought up in the 1660s and it was a guess and it was wrong. People keep making educated guesses, but nobody is ever going to figure e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g out. *They* all agree that the more they know, the more they DON"T know.

So that's the point. Aliens have been letting us think we are making discoveries. Balderdash. People think they have created Artificial Intelligence. Balderdash. Aliens just let us think that to keep us distracted.

I promise you -- if you just say "Phlogiston!" every time to need an answer to an unanswerable question, you'll be fine. Maybe that isn't the correct spelling for that stuff that is the source of all stuff. But, it doesn't matter. The name for that *stuff* would be in some alien language that is not on our radar so to speak.

This is a lousy ending to the fantastic movie that I have had in my head. I have another idea that I rather like and will share it tomorrow.

Tune in tomorrow for Chapter 6.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment