Sunday, June 20, 2021

From Leslie -- (Philately video)


 This might be a repeat - but it is one of my favorites.


Also from Leslie - to one of our NH USPS pen pals. I lost track of which ones I have posted. Somehow, this one does not seem like a repeat.

****

Another one that was already full -- stay tuned for Chuck's motivator

****

May 3rd - and I am waiting for lunch to show up - and sifting through the emails that I send to myself to remind me to post random items that may or may not be of interest to the 300+ people who seem to be checking the blog pretty much every day. That's a lot of people. I'm so flattered.

I am also curious as to what your interests are. If any of you have any interest in philately, here is a video. I have not watched it yet - because it is more than 3 minutes. It's 56 minutes. I do know someone who watched it and thought I would enjoy it. He is a cover collector. Philately is stamp collecting. Covers are envelopes with stamps and addresses. Cover collectors do not have a fancy name like philately. 

Here is a link with more info on cover collecting terminology

https://www.linns.com/insights/stamp-collecting-basics/2007/july/cover-collecting-101--basic-terminology-and-definitions-used-by-.html

We are cover collectors, if we save these envelopes that we exchange. Do you think anyone just tosses all of them? That would be interesting. Although, it wouldn't bother me. As I repeat endlessly, it's not the content - it's the process.

Do you think we should have a fancy name like philately? Envelatily? We can do better than that.

Philatilist is a collected of stamps. Envelopiter? 

Enveluppity? Yes, sounds uppity. Plus there should be one name for the people who collect as well as a name for the people who create them. I think Mail Artist is fine for the creators.

Link to the philately video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeOBb8YmaZo

No comments:

Post a Comment