Friday, June 4, 2021

A favorite from Leslie --- (pondering)


 I really love this one. It is a handmade envelope and it looks like wallpaper - vinyl wallpaper. It has a lot of texture and it might have been painted black. If there was a description of how she made it - I have managed to let the note inside go into hiding. Leslie spends a lot of time in her studio -- so - if you are inspired to try things that look like her stuff - plan on putting in the hours.

***
In addition to people who were enjoying the ISU story, several people have mentioned that they look forward to the rants. It occurred to me that when I read a daily suggestion for how to be more stoic, it tempers my ranting. And I keep seeing more and more references to the huge *fad* that stoicism is becoming. It seems to be following the fad-ish-ness of the Konmari method of tidying up. Most of us artist types don't like to look like we are fad-followers. But, the stoics would probably tell me to not get caught up with those kinds of thoughts. Everything goes in waves - and this one will pass - and then come around again later.

Maybe snail mail will become a fad. I'm certainly seeing a lot more workshops on mail art and decorating envelopes. Part of me wishes that I had jumped on the virtual teaching bandwagon. Heaven knows - I have  a couple thousand ideas I could offer. But, it's probably better for the youngsters to launch their teaching careers. I think I am too distracted to be a proper teacher. 

Once people are paying for a class, there is an obligation to provide some value. Fur shur -- I'm not on that wavelength any more. (pause to make grimace faces at myself) Right now, I am feeling like this is a really lame blurb - and my readers deserve more. Although this is free. So - I remind myself that I should stop obsessing and just do my daily pondering. 

Oh, gosh. 
I stopped obsessing for a moment
and
voila
just like that - something fun popped into my head...
...for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment