Thursday, June 3, 2021

From Smash to Viola. --- (ISU Chapter 6)


 My favorite part of this one is the detail on the left stroke of the V.

***
Chapter 6

Another movie that I thought was very clever, although I have not seen it recently, so I have no idea if it has withstood the test of time...is Innerspace. It's the one where Dennis Quaid volunteers to be miniaturized and then he is accidentally injected into Martin Short and the two of them have to work things out. 

One idea for the ending of my movie is that we figure out how to communicate with the aliens that are already here, in our electronics, our toasters, our brains, and everywhere. Obviously, I am not a screen writer or an actual author. I feel like someone who has those skills could come up with a better ending. Stephen King probably could. If we are going to communicate on a phlogiston level with the aliens we will have to cultivate our Carrie-style communication. And I don't want to scare you or anything, but, I have inadvertently caused things to happen just by thinking about them. I guess Matilda would be a better example. 

If anyone has any suggestions for a really good ending, please share. I think that this topic has run its course. Although, I did get enough favorable response to the topic that it made me wonder if readers like a serial rather than my daily random silliness. I did think of a serial topic that will start on July 2nd and it took me all the way to July 15 or 16.

Once again -- it would be nifty if there was an actual author out there who liked this story and could make it into something. I'd like to get a wee bit of credit - and maybe just enough compensation to take my grand tour where I pop in and visit with each and every reader who invites me for a cup of coffee. Amanda Palmer does that. If you don't know who she is -- look her up. I had never heard of her and stumbled across her book and really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment