Monday, June 21, 2021

HB to G3 from JeanR (grading the posts - book of hours)

JeanR - this looks like it was inspired by Benoit.
And the envelope lettering is very interesting - maybe it is Jean's own creation?

****
I do not like this add on, but, I am going to leave it. As I have mentioned, I try to check my pre-written posts so that I can edit them if they sound goofy or if the topic no longer amuses me. BigHelpfulBrother pointed out that I have had a few posts that were serious and I'm pretty sure we don't need to cultivate that habit.

From now on, if I am previewing a post that is ho-hum or odd - I will give it a grade to warn you to lower your expectation for the day.

Today's post is C- 
(JeanR's envelope is A+)

*****

I've mentioned that when I have envelope jobs, I put the big stack of envelopes in a place where I am forced to stand up and walk to them to replenish my supply. I only get 25 at a time - to force myself to get up and take a break and stretch. In addition to stretching, it is good to look out a window and *stretch* your eyes. Switch from all the close up looking to some distance looking.

I've been wondering if anyone has ever done a contemporary Book of Hours. They were pre-printing-press books that people carried around and every hour there was something to read. As far as I know, they were devotional type readings. I'm sure you could find out a ton of stuff about them and I apologize if my skimpy information  is full of errors. But, the idea of an hourly reminder seems like tie in with a plan to establish some improved habits.

I like the idea, but the first stumbling block is the need for a timer to alert you hourly. I don't really like that idea because I don't like the interruption. 


No comments:

Post a Comment