Thursday, April 29, 2021

To Leslie from someone? - (Ink from exhaust)


I had a guest author (granddaughter) sitting here (in early April) who was going to write a post for me, but she is 7 years old and I was unable to make writing a post into something that interested her. She wanted to show me Chrome Music Lab. It is somewhat interesting but over my head. Kids have all kinds of new things to explore and they are comfortable with buttons and screens and whatever. Happily, for me, she is still interested in paper and pencils and glue so we are able to have some shared creative experience. Her parents limit screen time - so, they are not a big fan of the rabbit holes that I can find. Sometimes we sneak off and surf by ourselves. I feel sooooo guilty. I hope I am not warping her or undermining her parent's authority. 

****
Long ago, ink was made from soot. 
This company figured out a way to make ink from exhaust - or air pollution.

****

Alexandrite Woman left a comment a couple days ago referring to my inertia. I had not used that word to describe the slump I am in - but it is perfect. She mentioned losing interest in writing letters and sending cards. Me, too. And I know we are not the only two who are experiencing this inertia. IMHO, we've all been dealing with the pandemic, which was not an ordinary bump in the road. But our entire lives have been bumpy roads, or choppy waters, or turbulent airstreams. 

That's just the way it always is. Ups and downs. There is no way that I can add anything more profound to what people have been talking about since they learned to write. Once again, it is comforting (validating) to hear from someone who just stumbled across my blog - and can relate to my pondering (whining). It seems like my jabbering combined with reader comments can be a little nod to the daily situation - (or whatever) - and then we get on with our days.

Except on those days that we stay in bed. Yes, you are allowed to do that on occasion. Don't let it get out of hand.


1 comment:

  1. I have to say, I just love getting your emails in my inbox at random times, as they always, without exception, make me smile! I love mail art and it's great to see what others have done, but what I love more than the mail art, are your comments Jean on life, frustration, happiness, or anything else. I wonder if it's an age thing...we are clear about what we think, not bothered if others agree or not, and happy to rant when needing to! Keep up the ranting, the rambling or anything else you feel like sharing :) You make my day!!
    A fellow mail art sender, a fellow ranter, a ponderer and a person who appreciates these qualities in others (within reason!!). Barb Richards (New Zealand)

    ReplyDelete