Thursday, April 15, 2021

From Janet to Jason -flowers and letters (AUOMA)

If you had any interest in the exemplar yesterday - it's missing a Z. I added some junky ones and will try to add a better one when I get back to Duh Moines.


Janet

 I love this one. I love the combination of the flowers and letters. I really need to remember to use envelopes as design elements more often. So many good ideas on the blog - but, I get overwhelmed when I flip through looking for ideas. I do have a ton of fun when I try to replicate envelopes from other people. Maybe that's the secret -- to do a full-blown steal -- rather than just take some inspiration. 

Note to self: try that.

****
I started a new blog a couple months ago - and have been dragging my feet on announcing it because I'm not sure where to go with it. 

I have some lizard brained urge to start a tribe or clan. A calligraphy guild would have filled the need, except the one that existed here in Duh Moines withered on the vine. Club is too generic.

Many years ago I pondered starting a university. There are currently no universities offering a PhD in penmanship. Maybe it was going to be a college. I did have some very dear pen pals who offered to fill positions. Deans, provosts, etc. I suppose I was the president? Clearly, I am too lazy to do the research to start an institution of higher learning. Although, if I heard from enough of you, we could get it going.

Then there was the faux-religious order that I launched: The Sisters of Perpechual Missspelling. I never found a noun to cover both genders. I certainly wanted it to be open to men as well. This was waaaay before gender identification became complicated. (I have heard that there are currently 7 options when you fill out the forms at college dorms in California. I believe the seventh one is the option to not declare - but I could be wrong.) I could use the word -People- but, that sounds like a cult. Plus, I do not want to be disrespectful to religions - so it was easy to let this idea whither on the vine.

I have one more idea from the past, but I am going to bump it to another post - because this one is long enough. (This post got bumped - so you already heard the story of my MomGang.)

Which brings me to my latest idea - the American Union of Mail Artists. AUOMA
The International Union of Mail Artists (IUOMA) has been around for quite a while.
I have high hopes that I will actually turn this one into something real. Considering I have over a million hits on this blog without even trying -- imagine what I could do if I did something that was actually important.

Here is my new blog:


Feel free to nominate yourself for a position on the staff.
Or if you just want to submit ideas, please do.
There will be membership cards.
There might even be conventions.
We can certainly use a coordinator for each state - so get those applications in.
This could keep us occupied until our offspring get court orders and have us committed. 

You do not need to check AUOMA for new posts. If I add anything to that blog - 
I will post a link on my daily blog.
I'm still in Chicago - and will need to re-combobulate myself when I get back to Duh Moines on Saturday..

No comments:

Post a Comment