Friday, April 30, 2021

From JeanR in Sept - Ben-style (Cryptic Quote game)




 I think JeanR sent one other envelope with the Ben Shahn style lettering. Google has underlined Ben's last name, but I'm pretty sure that is correct. Is this the year I actually get around to doing my own version of Ben's lettering. I know that I have an envelope for Jean that is made out of a security envelope. It was made in the summer of 2020 and pops up on my desk every once in a while. Little by little, I am finishing my stack of unfinished envelopes. Soon, I will be free of the flotsam and jetsam and detritus. Maybe I have so much of that stuff because it is all fodder for art. Maybe, I will deteriorate once it is all gone. We shall see.

****
Above written a long, long, long time ago.
This written - Jan 1, 2021 -- 
Drinking coffee - reading the NYTimes.
I found a new game in an article about how some elderly people have been coping with the pandemic and the isolation. 
My morning routine is always: NYTimes Mini Crossword - usually takes around 1 minute - never more than two. Same time frame for the GuessMyWord puzzles - I can usually get both the easy one and the hard one. Under 5 minutes.
I am not going to add this game to the morning routine. I am going to put it in a folder labeled Desperate - for when I am in desperate need of a change of pace.


I do not know if there are different sources for the game.
I've done Sudoku and Mahjong.
If anyone has any other games they enjoy - feel free to leave a comment - or if the comment feature doesn't work, send it to me in an email at:
jmwilson411-at-yahoo-dot-com

****
By the way - when I mentioned that my granddaughter and I sneak off and watch videos - lest you think we are wasting time - she often has questions that Nanna can't answer - like where in the world is the biggest volcano. Sometimes we research how to build little houses out of cardboard. We ran across a whole channel full of fanciful houses that are her skill level. Hopefully I can post our version when she is here this summer.
If you are curious -- here's the channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment