Sunday, April 18, 2021

From L.S.Leslie to Janet


 This is very clever - and pretty. What does the L.S.Leslie mean? LifeSaverLeslie. I think I had a series of lifesaver posts a while back when people had sent in enough extra envelopes to tide me over while I was in one of my dry spells. 

March 1st, Hunter (the local son) closed on his house. I spent a couple weeks finding all the stuff that was squirreled away at my house that belonged to him. I also took time to teach him some very helpful tips for restoring walls and woodwork that was the victim of sloppy painting and caulking. Then I took off for Chicago to help during tax time. I'm scheduled to be back in Duh Moines when this pops up. I wonder if that will happen. The IRS extended the deadline to May 17th. Maybe they will need me to stay longer. 

I do not have the heart to tell my daughter that during the long haul when I was not able to come help her, she has turned into an organizational powerhouse and that she really doesn't need me at all. But, I'm sure having an extra pair of hands is helpful. And as my 5-yr old grandson literally said to her, "We need Nanna to come because we are tired of you." He has also made the observation that Nanna is *crinkled.*


1 comment: