Monday, April 26, 2021

Mixed Neu-ish to Janet with navy LOVE stamp (mid crab update)


 This one is so-so. as I recall, I was having fun trying a bunch of different things. While the actual colors on the stamp are not neon, the neon gel pen details go pretty well. I will not bore you with the details on which letters are the worst. And I will keep my whining about the up-hill baseline on the last name to a minimum. 

And, I will mention that it is now 5:18 and I am fading - as I try to distract myself - while the crab is not being prepared. I didn't mention this in the post that appeared yesterday because these real time whine-a-thons are probably really boring.

Oooooh -- this just in. At 5:20 my daughter texts me that they will be heading home in 5 minutes. Her idea of 5 minutes is wildly different from my idea of 5 minutes. But, it is a very good sign that she contacted me as it indicates that she is aware that I am fading. 

I used to try to talk to her about the concept that I would not be living forever and she'd shut down the conversation, forcefully. I finally gave up. Lately, with so many peers falling ill with serious illnesses I realized that I should maybe talk to her about the reality that I could fall ill. So when I brought it up and said, "I know you made it clear that you do not want to hear anything about the topic of me not living forever.." and she interrupted me and said, "Oh.My.Gosh. That is one thing that covid really helped me to face - I finally realize what you were saying and why." 

It's always comforting when offspring get a whiff of reality.

It is 5:25. No sounds of small children returning from the neighbors. It's rather funny how I can hear them as they exit the house next door. They seem to be louder than average kids. But, I guess I am not around average kids. 

Gee, I was thinking that this was the last post I would get in today - as they would be back. Guess I should start another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment