Friday, April 23, 2021

Stealing from myself (start of crab story)

I do not recall how this one popped up. It might have been on Pinterest when I was surfing and looking for ideas for the Feb exchange. The envelope I posted yesterday had the same basic outline as these. I do the basic black lines with a big, fat, bullet tip marker. Then I spend a ton of time squaring off all the strokes. When I am not feeling very creative, it is good to choose something that is labor intensive but also a tried and true technique. Squaring off takes time and it is mindless - but at least I know I won't have any fits of regret.

(I'll explain later why I crossed out the first two lines.)

If I figure out a way to remind myself, I could post an exemplar for this style, but I will only do so if I get a request from someone who wants it. 

This is an odd post. I hardly ever write at 4:58 pm. Normally, I eat my last meal of the day at 4 pm and by 5 I am enjoying my *evening* and pre-bedtime activities. But as I write this, I am smack dab in the middle of my 4 weeks of helping in Chicago where their dinner time is usually 6 pm. They bump it up to 5 for me. It is also the day before Easter and the neighbors just called to invite the kids over to make nests. The neighbors are known for cooking fabulous meals that they serve around 9 pm. I know that my daughter has some delicious looking crab and some to-die-for homemade pasta - and they were running a little late on the 5 pm dinner because they finally got appointments for covid vaccinations. 

So here I sit -- knowing that the ingredients are all laid out for something really delicious - and I am really hungry -- and they are all next door making nests with people who have no idea that Nanna is over here quietly starving and falling asleep. 



Nanski's is cuter because of the heart shaped dots over the i's.









 

1 comment:

  1. Both fonts are nice but my fondness is for Nanski's.....hope you enjoyed your meal.
    ~Donna

    ReplyDelete