Monday, April 12, 2021

To Leslie from Janet?? (princess cake)



*** Written almost 3 weeks ago***

 Once again, I am filling up posts while I am in my head cold quarantine and lacking the energy to find the email that tells me who sent this to Leslie. It might be another one from Janet. While Santa and the colors makes it very December themed - I do think the idea would work beautifully with other stamps and color combinations.

I apologize for the brevity and blah-ness of this post. In addition to being sick, now I am hungry and it can be difficult to find the right food. Cream of Wheat is what I want - and it has to be the cooked kind. But, I know that's not going to happen. Maybe I can go make egg custard. That sounds good. I'm really sorry to be subjecting you to this drivel. I promise to replace this with something better if possible. But, I'm thinking it's not going to happen since I have to engage the grandkids in worthwhile activities while my daughter does taxes and we are at their house. I can't just do all the forbidden things that we get to do at my house. And by forbidden -- I'm talking about things like sprinkles. Eye rolling.

***

So, yesterday I gave you the assignment to do something just for yourself. Did anyone follow my directions? I had done my coconut binge back in March when I brought an Italian Cream Cake to Chicago. Mr Wilson and I drove over - and it's a fabulous cake. Someone. where my daughter works had a Princess Cake for a birthday and my daughter thought I would like one, so that is what we ordered for my birthday. I would have been happy to bake my own cake. I'm not a big fan of bakery items. Although there were so many layers to the Princess Cake that I would not have been interested in trying it out myself.

Link to Chicago bakery


***
It's a good cake - super sweet. All the different layers go together nicely. Perfect with my morning cup of coffee.



No comments:

Post a Comment