Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Urgent USPS matter

 OK -- this is urgent -- that we make our voices heard. 

It is the postal worker's union -- asking for people to speak up. While it is addressed to members of the union, I checked - and it is perfectly fine for non-union members to contribute.

There is a box to check - if you are a union member -- I plan on saying something along these lines:

As a non-union member, these are my top three reasons for -----  and then list my top three compelling reasons for maintaining the current standards.

I should have sent my letter first. The letter is already written for you, if you like the top reasons already spelled out for you. So, it is even easier to *be heard.*

Here is the post from the union:

Management is planning to make permanent delays to our mail delivery and it's up to us to stop it.

As postal workers, we know better than anyone how postal customers depend on fast and reliable service. Will you send a message to the USPS and Postal Regulatory Commission and tell them to stop the mail slowdown?

As part of the USPS 10-Year Plan, postal managers are attempting to change our public Post Office's first class delivery goals. They want to shift on-time mail delivery from 1-3 days to up-to five days for first class mail and end-to-end periodicals.

This would mean more delays for every single one of us who relies on prompt service from the people's Postal Service. It would risk driving more customers away. 

We have just a short time to stop this from happening.

The Postal Regulatory Commission will soon issue an advisory opinion on the delays. We want to make sure that the commissioners know the public is against delaying our mail. 

Together, we can stop these delays. Will you make your voice heard? Submit your comments to the USPS rule making and the PRC here.

In union solidarity,

The American Postal Workers Union


They need people to send emails by Friday the 28th of May.

And --yes-- sending the email will put you on a list to get more emails --

and you may opt out of getting more emails. I'm going to go ahead and let them send me emails -and respond to them and get more involved. Obviously, I have my son in mind. But, I also feel that we take the USPS for granted - and they need our support. 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jean! Thanks for the link to the USPS letter. I sign every petition for them and this was even better, because I got to say mean things about Louis DeJoy (what a perfect name for him!). Tomorrow the final person will be put in who can have him replaced with someone that actually understands the purpose of the USPS, not one who only sees $$$ and ruins companies to make a profit. Grrrr. I do hope whatever your upcoming surprise is will help you get out of your pandemic/republican moron insanity/the world is falling apart depression you've been suffering with. It seems to be the newest epidemic among USA-ers. Fingers crossed X :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes -- things are looking up here at 420-44th. I, too, am hopeful that there will be some improvements beyond my little fortress.

      Delete
  2. Is there a physical address so we can mail a letter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the deadline for this one (Friday) is too short for snail mail. I will look for snail mail options for future topics that come up.

      Delete
  3. Sent my letter to the USPS. You might feel your in a funky, disorganized ranty sort of mood, but you are still a force to be reckoned with. Thank you for my present and birthday card. You can never have too many cookies! You’re the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even if I live in Paris France I am more than willing to participate and therefore I have sent the letter today May 28.
    Thank you Jean for your help in keeping us informed.

    ReplyDelete