Wednesday, May 5, 2021

From Glen to Leslie (2) (garage studio)


 Another one from Glen to Leslie. Glen was not just a master, he was a grand master of the ruling pen. I do not know what the difference is between master and grand master. 

I hope it is obvious that the design in green and pink is l-e-s-l-i-e - overlapping. It is sooooo pretty. 

Below is a recent piece by Leslie. I love those uncials packed together. I think I have posted Leslie's IG address previously, but if you missed it - here it is again.  https://www.instagram.com/olovey1/



****

As I finalize all the hoard reduction at my house, I am pondering a new idea -- turning the entire garage into an art studio. Since I have tidied up the rooms in the house, and made a huge dent in clearing out things that were stored for the adult kids who have their own spaces now - and we have new carpet in the house - the garage seems like a better place for a studio (assuming the inertia gets moving). The grandkids are scheduled for a week in Iowa at the end of June so a mess-zone will be helpful. I am toying with the idea of doing some raku - but need to do some more research. Ceramics can explode and I don't want to do anything too wild. I know there are ways to fire raku in a metal garbage can.

****
Update:
I figured out how to get some clay - and have it fired - so that I do not have to risk blowing myself up.
Details will unfold in later posts.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the IG shout-out, Jean! Actually, I'm so excited b/c I found out yesterday I get to showcase some of my work on Paper & Ink Arts 'gram account the last week of July! It's called their Instagram Takeover for the week, so I'll be using some of my P&I supplies to create a few posts. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you turn your garage into an art studio, please post pics!

    ReplyDelete