Monday, May 24, 2021

HB to G3 (30 posts -2)


Birthday greetings for Mr Wilson from Leslie (above)
and Faye (below)


In yesterday's post, Mr Wilson was clanking around in the kitchen. The up-side to me taking my long trips is that he's become very comfortable feeding himself. My interest in meals has really deteriorated. And I apologize if I have already babbled about this. When I reflect on the things that contributed to Mr Wilson deciding that he was going to sign me up to be his lifetime partner, I know that the meals were a huge part of it. He was already out of law school and living by himself and the only things he could cook were grilled cheese sandwiches and pancakes. It was pretty easy to dazzle him with my cooking and at the time, my artsy friends were obsessed with gourmet cooking - so I did have a sincere interest in cooking. 

And then we had kids and he always worked late - so food turned into a chore. I feel really sorry for him. But, whenever I feel sorry enough that I actually go through the steps of buying stuff and making it - it ends up killing the whole day. <sigh> 

The clanking has stopped. I'm going to go eat something.
Thank you for bearing with me through these difficult times.
Feel free to send me lengthy emails, whining about the things that are wearing you down.
It might give me fodder for something more interesting than my own *stuff.*

 

1 comment:

  1. Jean, I am SO with you on the cooking part! I'm lately resenting the time it takes and the fact that husbands have to eat every single day.

    ReplyDelete