Tuesday, May 18, 2021

from Lynne (selfie card) (jury duty) (NORBAG)

The envelope is from Lynne. I was stunned to hear that the USPS returned (to her) a very similar envelope -  to someone else in the exchange. I do not recall if the USPS specified what the problem was - but I hope they are not rejecting mail that is this clearly addressed. I will, however, reiterate that I am currently making all of my addresses very clear and very horizontal on the bottom third of the envelope. My days of challenging the USPS are over.

Perhaps that is why I am in a slump.
Below is a fun birthday card that I received from my college roommate.
It's fun to note that someone thought of selfies - as soon as the cameras were hand-held.




As I write this (a week before today's date) I just finished the Medicare rant. Is anyone interested in knowing if I am going to rant about jury duty? This my 4th time. It is tedious. But, after my last time, I'm really concerned about the type of people who do show up. I don't know how to describe them. Clearly they had not read the request for business casual attire. And after a year of staying home, I'm guess a bunch of us will show up in PJs and slippers. Seriously, I have been pondering a way to make streetwear that would be comfortable to sleep in. Remember Mao suits? I always liked them - and thought it was too bad they had political overtones. 

****
Yesterday's blurb was pitiful. I left a comment promising to post something fun today. Many years ago I participated in the NORBAG handmade book exchange. If any of you like to look at handmade books, they have posted a bunch. And if you have any interest in exchanging books - you only have to make one. You mail it to them - along with postage for them to mail a different book back to you. Each month - they have a theme -- some of them are very inspiring... like July -- a book sewn together with anything other than thread. The first thing that came to mind was licorice whips -- probably not a good idea.

To see photos of some of the books, click on the months Jan-Feb-Mar or Apr.
Then - if you scroll down -- there is all of 2020 and then an archive.
Maybe I need to switch to books - while I await a return of interest in envelopes.

or 
here is an easier way to see the archive
it is the main Flickr page - and each month is in an album

No comments:

Post a Comment