Sunday, May 9, 2021

From Lauren in April (White House calligrapher video) (repeat clothes)



Aren't these fun? Lauren revisited one of the techniques she remembered from her childhood. You cut wavy lines and then weave strips of paper. I remember doing that. And I remember more recently (like (10-15) years ago doing a magical greeting card. I hope I can find an example. It was the same principle, but done on folded paper and it was really cool.

If anyone knows what I am talking about, please let me know. Send and image or a link. 

Thanks

I love those stamps, too.



****

Here is a video about working at the White House as a calligrapher. It looks like it is 1 hour and 40 min. I started watching it and there was no sound. I clicked ahead and there was sound. So - if you are interested, be patient. I have watched a total of 1 minute. It will not appeal to everyone. 


 Did anyone see that Jill Biden had the same dress that she wore to the inauguration made in navy to wear to the speech? There was a comment in the article that she was making a statement by buying from a designer who is known for repurposing. Jane Fonda is making a more significant statement by saying that she is not going to buy any more new clothes because she has enough - and then she actually wears them again. Why is there so much pressure to wear something new? What's wrong with having favorite clothes that you love putting on again - even for special events? I can't possibly be the only person who likes wearing my favorite clothes repeatedly. And I'm not talking about comfortable everyday clothes. 

2 comments:

  1. This is super fun! Did she cut out the name too? Lauren, if you see this, what font did you use (or is it your own creation?) Please share!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the privilege of hearing Pat Blair speak to our guild a couple of years ago. One of the bedrock guild members arranged a tour of handpainted signs in our city followed by lunch. Most people weren't able to come, so I found myself sitting at a table with Pat and two members of the guild. Later I attended the presentation and it was amazing to listen to her talk about her work and show slides and explain how things were done!

    ReplyDelete