Wednesday, May 19, 2021

HB to Jean from JeanR (Susan Branch)


JeanR does all kinds of interesting artwork. Sometimes she tells me about the techniques but I can't seem to make the information stick. It is fun to hear what she learns in all the classes she takes, but my teddy bear brain lets the information slip away. Have I talked about the three brains? The lizard brain, the teddy bear brain, and that other one. I can't remember what the third one is called. It's the one that can reason things out which is probably why I can't remember what it is. Anyhow, my teddy bear brain likes art and likes people and is higher functioning than my lizard brain. The only thing my lizard brain provides is an occasional rant that seems to amuse some of you. I'm right in the middle of a cup of coffee and have no idea where to go with this, so, I'll just grind to a halt. If anyone remembers the name of that higher functioning brain, please let me know. Thanks.

***
Every once in a while I review my *blog bookmarks* and click on a couple. I just went to Susan Branch's. She is an illustrator and I think the last time I blogged about her was when she had a group field trip to Beatrix Potter's home in England. She has a new group field trip planned for May, 2022 - sailing to England on the QEII. We are all invited.

Here is a link to a verrrrry long blog post that covers her pandemic woes - and how she worked things out. 
The only thing I really look at is her lettering. She's the opposite of a minimalist. Although, I do not think the word maximalist is a word. Does anyone have a better term for the opposite of a minimalist?


She only posts once a month (and she skipped March) so reading the entire April post is like reading 30 to 60 of my posts.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment