Saturday, May 8, 2021

Helga Stentzel - skiing envelope (all get out)


I found Helga on IG and while this was the only envelope that I found - she has a ton of stuff.

https://www.instagram.com/helga.stentzel/







****

Sorry this is so short. I'm having a languishing day. Although, I did do two envelopes. They are as boring as all get out. I'll post them anyhow. And hopefully, I'll get some inspiration to do something better.



I just used the expression - all get out - and then wondered what it means. Google had a suggestion. I never would have figured it out.  And Google made me feel less than intelligent when it said it was *obvious* what it means.  I think I might have to embrace my lack of intelligence. Maybe that would be  easier. This topic is making me nervous.

All get out in as/more X as/than all get out is an obvious euphemism for hell, which occurs frequently in this construction: as hot as hell, hotter than hell. Since hell is a tabooed term (though not as much as it used to be), it attracts euphemisms. And since it's a comparison, it attracts metaphors.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment