Friday, May 7, 2021

From Leslie to Janet - watercolor (more re-play paintings)


This was a purchased card that Leslie had had for a while. She took bits from the card and did them a bit larger on the envelope. Then she did the drawn version of foundational for the lettering. Very pretty. There are all kinds of good ideas on that card.

****
 Quick note about languishing. Somebody came up with the term a couple weeks ago and it resonated with lots of people. The concept pretty much went viral. Keep in mind, there are a ton of people who have jobs that require them to turn out articles - so now they are writing articles like *The 5 best things to do to get out of languishing* and *What comes after languishing? Flourishing.*

IMHO - we are not all going to be on the same timeline. None of the suggestions I have read has coaxed me out of my sluggishness. I say, "Embrace your fallow period." Let your common sense guide you. Some of us might need to languish a while longer.

At least we can maintain our connection through the internet -- and I can't imagine I will ever tire of surfing. The blurb below was written about a week ago - and this part was written on Thursday.

****
I don't remember if there is a name for making your own photographic version of a painting - that popular pastime that was so popular as the pandemic forced people to find creative activities at home. While we are languishing, it is good to note that for some people, the *re-play* of paintings has held their interest. I don't want to choose just one photo from this woman's collection because it is the sheer quantity and quality that knocked my socks off. So check it out - and if you are still languishing, hang in there. It is entirely possible that you will find something that nudges you into a state of mind that feels better. Thanks to my blog, I still have something to do every day that I enjoy.

I see they have referred to this activity as *recreating versions* - so I guess there is not a tidy term for whatever this activity is. I like *re-play* because it implies there is playing and IMHO playing is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment