Friday, May 14, 2021

From Leslie and Troy in April or March (more online games)




 Leslie and Troy both went with the Kraft paper in April. Leslie's did not photograph very well. It is much prettier than it looks like in the photo. I like the way the buffalo is walking on the wavy prairie.

***

A few days ago I was jabbering about the games and puzzles that I enjoyed with my morning coffee. Sharon (a non-exchanging reader) sent this one and I like it a lot.

https://www.7littlewords.com

It does not have a timer which is fine - although I would be very curious to know what my fastest speed is. Sometimes I am very slow - which does not bother me at all. 

I forgot if I mentioned the NYTimes Spelling Bee. You have to subscribe, which I will not be doing. But, they let you play for free - until you get up to a certain number of points. There are always 7 letters. So, you can plug them into a Scrabble words search and see if it will give you the longest word with those 7 letters. In my free version - all I care about is if I can figure out the big word. I think I have only figured it out once. I am pitiful at Scrabble-type games. 

Nanski sent this list of her favorites - some I've already mentioned. These two I have not heard of. When this pops up, it will remind me to check them out:   kenken, crytograms. 

I wonder if it is crytograms or cryptograms.

I would stop and check them out now, but, I'm on a roll with the hoard reduction project - and feeling quite energized. 

****

Two minutes later. Temptation won. I Googled kenken. --- not for me --- it is all numbers. I enjoy a bit of Sudoku - but only because you do not have to actually add or subtract. They might as well be letters. It's just fill in the blanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment