Saturday, December 10, 2022

Nov 2022 to Rachael and CathyO


While I had that *wash* pencil out, I used it on some random paper and card stock that was in my pile of leftovers. They were OK - but didn't inspire me. I had pulled out my Pilot Parallel pens for a friend who had signed up for an online class and had ordered some PPPens - and they were not going to arrive in time for his class - so I loaned him mine. I hardly ever use them. In fact, I had to spend some time cleaning them out and getting them to work before he picked them up. My plan was to use them on the Nov/Dec exchange envelopes. 

But then - I discovered that I am so rusty - and the envelopes were so bleedy - and black is so un-holiday that the envelopes were pretty ho-hum. It was mildly disappointing. Then I had that thing happen when I do a practice sketch [the snowman] on scratch paper - and then when I do the real one - it is not nearly as cute as the practice one - so the disappointment nudged an idea (that I like) to take the good (practice) one and put it on the finished card - and have them talk to each other - which is very *me.* And I ended up liking the card enough that I did not care at all that the envelope is ho-hum.

I guess I was OK with Rachael's because the colored pencil on her name did a pretty good job of spiffing up the whole thing.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment