Friday, December 16, 2022

Nov 2022 from Kate + graphic/commercial + Toll House pie


 

Why do I feel like this one has run already? Did Kate do another one with the Button Alphabet? The story that goes with the Button Alphabet is as much fun as the Clothesline Caps. I'm pondering doing the research to get the story from someone who was there. Is there anyone reading this who knows the story first hand?

***

What's the difference between a commercial artist and a graphic designer? When I started college in 1969, my first major was called commercial art and it was exactly what graphic design is these days. With the advent of computers (in the 80s), the job title morphed from commercial art to graphic design. Graphic design includes lettering & typography. If you want to be an illustrator - maybe there is a major in illustration. You can illustrate with a computer - so maybe that has a name. If anyone can enlighten us on these terms, please do.

This isn't really interesting - so - enough for today. Can you tell that I loaded 10 days of photos and have to fill them up?

***
Pie adventure No. 2
A while back I showed a lemon meringue pie where I had to pull it out of the oven, scrape off the meringue, stir in the lemon zest, replace the meringue - and bake it. Today (Nov 11), Hunter had asked if I wanted to make a Toll House pie for a Friendsgiving celebration. I said sure. I was on my way to the oven when I realized that I had forgotten to put in the butter - so - I scooped the filling out, stirred in the butter and - fingers crossed it's going to be OK. 
*** He reported that it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment