Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Nov 2022 from Maggie - a fun mistake


This is Maggie's Nov envelope and you can get a sneak peek at some of her December mail over on her IG. The dragon stamp's purple along with the touches of orange were. perfect colors to share with the irises. White lettering and gold are the finishing touches. But wait, there's more -- a very nice rendering of a pear. She reproduced the image so I can't tell if it was colored pencil - or maybe something else - but it's a very nice rendering.



Remember the pretty faux-postage that was posted back in November - beautifully designed by Christi Payne? When she saw them she dropped me an email telling about making them. She sent her designs to Zazzle and they refused to print them because *they look too much like real stamps* - that is what Dazzle said. Plan B was to print them on self adhesive paper and score them by hand. Eventually she found a source for perforated, gummed paper. 

In the post -- I ran my envelope to her that was just loaded with mistakes -- her response was Keep Clam & Carry On - which cracked me up. It also reminded me of my favorite mistake. It was back in the day - before computers - when people had to cut headline words and arrange them. I was making the art for a sticker to be printed that needed to have two words, stacked and centered:
GOOD 
MORNING

The printer was waiting for me to paste up the two words - because it was a rush job.
He kept asking me: "Is that the way you want it?" I kept saying "Yes." And he kept asking. I don't know how many times he asked - until I stopped focusing on centering the words - and realized that I had pasted them up:

MORNING
GOOD

We had a good laugh - and then I fixed it.

Oh -- I managed to find the envelope to Christi with all the mistakes:





 

2 comments:

  1. Love the 'Morning Good' mistake. Having them made and then seeing reactions would have been a fun experiment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not very well versed in how Yoda talks -- but it seems like he would say something like that. This was long before Yoda was with us.

      I like the idea of seeing reactions - although the sticker was for an Iowa Bankers Association event. I'm guessing they would all be hung over -- so the reactions might be mostly blank stares.

      And nothing against bankers - my impression is that any association gathering in DSM for a conference was just there for the happy *hour.*

      Delete