Friday, December 2, 2022

Dec 2020 from Leslie - using up the vintage stamps


This shade of green is a of mine - and I especially like it when it shows up in a holiday design. 
I'm also a big fan of using those little strips off the edge of the sheets of stamps - or sometimes between stamps. I think people call the edges of stamps the selvages - maybe they call the in-between strips *sashes.* That's what they call them in quilting. It seems like there is a specific name for the parts of stamps. Does anybody know?
 


So -- here we are - writing a blurb for Dec 2 - and I lost a couple days fretting over the Nov mailing that was supposed to contain Dec envelopes with faux stamps. But, I did not have a good idea. 

And then - voila - I realized that I was also fretting over those vintage stamps I bought when I fell off the wagon. And there were some big square envelopes that were weighing on me -- and then - like a bolt of lightening, it struck me. Use up the vintage stamps on a Dec mailing and use the squares - because they require more postage. 

What a brilliant idea. Maybe. In theory it should work -- at least it will get them out the door --- 

***
I calculated the stamps and paired them with square envelopes - and then I lost the stack of envelopes in a stack of other stuff. The idea did not get used in Nov - so I am bumping it to January. Maybe. Writing down my plans is a little bit like insuring what will 100% NOT be happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment