Friday, December 23, 2022

Nov 2022 from Chuck and Carolyn - USPS Ft Myers


Chuck sent this a couple weeks ago -- it made my day. 


Once again, it's fun to get such similar envelopes.
I keep forgetting to ask Carolyn if she knows which style of cursive she learned in school. Hers looks more like Palmer than Zaner Bloser. How do you know if you learned Zaner Bloser? I'm not 100% sure about this - but, I think that Zaner Bloser had that white on green *frieze* that was posted above the blackboard. It seems like it was too long for one wall and usually extended beyond the corner. Does anyone else remember?


***

I meant to add this a month ago (or more) when I first saw it -- 
better late than never - as I am guessing that Fort Myers is not 100% restored.
It's a video of postal workers talking about the aftermath of the hurricane.

LINK to USPostalService IG - this is the specific post

LINK to USPostal Service -  and this is the link to the main page

I could have done a better job of labeling those- but, today is International Sloth Day.
I just made that up.

***
I only found one image of the wall chart I remember - and it was for manuscript not cursive - but it did say that it was vintage Zaner Bloser - and it's for sale in Australia - on Etsy.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment