Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Nov 2022 from Mary + Block printing No. 2 + Scrap

This is a very cool parrot - although I do not know if it is a parrot or cockatoo or some other tropical bird. I love-love-love the way the address is in the rectangle.

And there were more birds inside. And more little drawings. I need to interview Mary about her feelings towards lettering and illustration. Remind me to do that, Mary. Should we call them interviews or interrogations? (That is the coffee asking.)



Block printing post No 2


I hope these are legible. I just wrote them really fast - so there are places that are not very exact. Let me know if I need to post larger images of these. There will be some larger images coming up when we talk about individual letters.


With many (many!!) styles - I encourage people to just work on the letters that are all straight strokes. I do put J and U into the mix - because they are mostly straight. The non-straight letters that are either - entirely curved or mostly curved will be discussed later. 

We will go over a variety of options with these letters first.

***

And just because I started a *label* for the random scraps that I am throwing away - here is one that you may ignore - unless you are very disorganized and would like to feel better about being a disorganized person. If you are highly organized - I apologize for the attitude expressed by these words - it's more of a joke than a whatever you call things that are not jokes. I do not remember where I found it ---


It says: Disorganization is merely the sign of a very healthy individual trying t do more in a short period of time than those lazy obsessively tidy types can think of nothing better to do than straighten objects in drawers and stuff like that which only feeds on their own egos and makes them think they are better than those of us who are truly gifted.

I actually love to organize drawers - so, I must be some kind of hybrid. Or mutant? 

1 comment:

  1. Interview, interrogate, it all works for me. Especially if coffee is involved!

    ReplyDelete