Monday, December 12, 2022

Nov 2022 - ME to Lynne - Newberry


 This envelope has been in the stash since 1993. [I'm not sure that's the date that was on the back- but it was definitely pre-2000.] It was time to let it go. And I was delighted to find a stamp that while not perfect - wasn't too bad. A black moon would have been nice. 

I used the Pilot Parallel pen - and that Y isn't right. I'm OK with the rest of the letters - or maybe the O needed something. I guess not - because the S and I do not have any weight on them. I'm tempted to pull out the DuBosch Jubilee exemplar - but my inner addiction-counselor-voice is telling me that Jubilee would put a big dent in the progress I am making at the hoard reduction.

***

By the way -- if you are not subscribed to newsletters from the Newberry Library - you might want to subscribe - and if you live in Chicago - you might want to make to to the library to see a current exhibit on penmanship which will close at the end of the month. I am annoyed that I was in Chicago in October and didn't know about the exhibit. Grrrr.

https://www.newberry.org. There is a link at this homepage to their blog and some more cool images of penmanship....and a virtual rabbit hole/labyrinth of other articles.


No comments:

Post a Comment