Saturday, December 17, 2022

Nov 2022 from Janet - Attending a gathering (nope)


I've spent so much time trying to figure out what Janet used on this one. It looks like there are a couple layers - maybe more. I wonder if she could remember what she used. Her design wraps around to the flap - always a nice touch.




There was a paragraph here that made no sense and has been deleted. As I review each post a day or two before it will pop up, I try to edit and improve. Some stuff is delete-worthy. 

I also had the paragraph below written - the previous (deleted) paragraph said that I was going to gather for T-day with the Wilson side of the family.

I'll leave this open for a report on how it went - gathering with 12-15 people. Just thinking about it makes me want to buy noise cancelling headphones. I don't want to be that older person who is included in family events who just sits there like a bump-on-a-log. 

 ***
After I found out that there were going to be 3 college students at the gathering, I bailed out. College students gather germs from all over and travel and the germs co-mingle -- and the covid numbers are already on the rise in Des Moines -- so, I decided to err on the side of caution - and find something interesting to watch at home.
***

MrWilson reported that all 3 college students were coughing, hacking, and one couldn't really talk - so, he thought I was wise to stay home. Fortunately, he did not get sick. 

PBS Passport provided a wonderful documentary of an artist I have never heard of -Aldwyth: Fully Assembled. Passport is a portal for all kinds of stuff that has aired on PBS previously - and is one of the perks if you are a donor. I think it is well worth the donation. Tons of good stuff about people I have never heard of. Like Aldwyth. I cannot begin to describe the obsessive nature of her artwork. I can't find a single image online that gives a decent impression of what her work looks like because it is so many small images layered together. Obsessive collage. And the way she lives in her studio is pretty obsessive. No bed - just a mat she rolls out on top of one of her work tables. 

I'm not providing a link - because you need to be a PBS donor - and if you are - you can probably find it on your own.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Love the layers and shadows, and lettering. All of it. I love all of it.

    ReplyDelete