Thursday, December 22, 2022

Nov 2022 from JeanR - 1843 alphabet book




 This looks like an abstract pumpkin pie. The tiny little detail on my name on the envelope harkens back to medieval styles. Below is a link to a book from 1843 covering a wide range of styles from many different periods.

This link will take you to page 40 of a collection of alphabets - so you may cruise back and forth from there.

It looks like you may download images (or the entire book) although I can't tell what the resolution would be. I'm pretty happy with my screen shots even though they are low res. I'm pretty sure everything is copyright free - but, I could be wrong. 

This is pg 40 - probably not the most enticing example from the book


There are some very old styles and some in colors.
That little flourish at the bottom looks like a lot of fun. There is a second one going in the opposite direction.






***
Turkey neck update.
Chuck had this to say:

When my mom's family got together they almost fought over the neck, the same with chicken necks. they were from Missouri and would eat about anything, even pigs feet. 

Troy sent this, which I intend to research:

I saw your post on turkey necks. If you Google turkey necks in New Orleans, you can get recipes. 

There is a place in Houston called the Turkey Leg Hut. They have lines out the door. Their neighbors have complained about the smoke. Anyway, I don’t think they serve necks, but they have a long menu of legs. 

My son, Hunter, called me from the grocery story. He found turkey necks and wanted to know how many to buy for me. Christmas came early at the 420. And Troy is correct -- there are a gazillion recipes for turkey necks on YT.



1 comment:

  1. I like turkey necks or wings with a little season salt and cabbage in the pressure cooker or instapot.

    ReplyDelete