Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Mary's monster - embracing the change


One more from Mary - so cute -- and I still have a full sheet of the lovable monsters. The letters look like they might be stickers.

As tempting as it is to steal this idea and use it on the June exchange -- I'll be taking a break from exchanging. I have lost track of how many times I've said this. It might come up again in future posts.

There are three ways to support the blog while I keep the exchange going:
1 - send me photos of your envelopes - thank you to Patty, Leslie, and Maggie who have already done so.
2 - send me a photo of an envelope to someone on your list - and I will blank out the address if you don't feel like covering it up in the photo
3 - send an envelope to me - and I thought of a fun variation on this option

The fun variation is that you do not have to put my name on the envelope. You can write any name you like. As I have mentioned, the USPS only pays attention to the names if there has been a change of address submitted. For example: when your adult kid moves out - and puts in for a change of address - the carrier will have to look at the mail and pull out the items addressed to that person.

I like the idea of unexpected names so much, I might have to send a few things to myself. (Said the person with the brain injury.)

2 comments:

  1. oooohhh, Although I love to letter YOUR name, Jean, I might try that other option! (more to George and/or your kids? Grandkids? -- isn't there an Alex? I have a lot of ideas for that name, since it's also my son's.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be happy to send little art notes and fun envelopes to your grandkids occasionally.

    ReplyDelete