Monday, May 16, 2022

From Lynne - Vintage stamps at The Glam Pad


Exuberant is the first word that popped into my head for this one. Fun balloons and polka dots and the USPS added 4 more elements. The lettering is Gwen Weaver's Weaver Writing. This is the first time I have realized that I could come up with Wilson Writing. It doesn't roll off the tongue as well as Weaver Writing - but I think I need to come up with something. I remember naming something Jeanerian - as a spin off of Spencerian - but, I don't remember what it looked like. Probably just my own penmanship.

If you put Jeanerian in the search box - I've only mentioned it twice in 12 years. Both times in 2012. How bizarre to see the stuff I was prattling on about 10 years ago. Being lazy. Clearly there is some redundancy in my postings.

Some day - I hope to shoot a video of the exotic, paper, wind-up creature that came flying out of the card that was in the envelope. Or -- find a tutorial online. It's so cool.

***

Here's a fun website with some ideas for envelopes - if you have a stash of vintage stamps.

https://www.theglampad.com/2022/04/letter-writing-and-the-changing-face-of-stamp-collecting.html 



No comments:

Post a Comment