Wednesday, May 18, 2022

From Rachael in Apr - more about the first trip


Oh, Rachael - another design that is begging to be appropriated. Thank you. And the frosting on the cake - a highly steal worthy card. It would have been fun to shoot a video of how this worked. And I would have - except that I'm lazy.

Top view

Front view - closed


Front panel being opened to show a circle opening.
The greeting slides into view on the white panel behind the circle opening



***

At the brain rehab place, I noticed that everyone who worked there made eye contact and did that reflective thing - trying to get onto whatever my wavelength is. Clearly, I need help because those words are clumsy.

They ran me through questions and some tests involving the copying of things shapes and layered shapes that I saw on the paper. On one, I turned the paper - because that's what I do. Sue was very polite when she told me that for the purposes of the test - I could not turn the paper. I was polite and complied with the request. I gotta tell you -- there is a huge temptation to do zany things - and respond theatrically. But, I'm pretty sure they expect me to take things seriously.

Then - she asked me how I felt about a giant 3' x 4' poster on the wall that was one of those geometric, very detailed drawings that people color in. It was an elephant with all kinds of patterns and designs filling up every square inch. It was so hard to find words to describe that it was aesthetically very unappealing - but I understand that lots of people like to color in things like that - so, they have their place. 

Then I was asked about 4 smaller pictures of owls, framed and colored in. I tried to be tactful about how they were not my cup of tea - but I really wanted to know what's behind talking about them. There were some other pictures - pleasant, stylized nature based things - and we did not discuss them.

Fingers crossed that they don't suggest that coloring in those geometric coloring book pictures would rehab my brain. I'm pretty sure the revulsion of looking at those kinds of images would be counterproductive to whatever the benefit might be of coloring them in. If I really need to do that kind of activity -- I hope they let me color in The Book of Kells.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment