Monday, May 30, 2022

How far off topic are we going to go?



I have no idea how far off topic I will be going. Clearly - this is not an envelope. I can't even remember why I would have saved this. I know that forgetting things is a part of perfectly normal daily life. If I mention that I have *memory issues* - people are quick to tell me that they, too, are forgetting things all the time. 

The best part of brain rehab is that the rehabilitators validate that the memory issues I describe are not those normal ones that we all have. Of course, I have no way of explaining how my current issues are different. I can't even describe the *things* they do that pinpoint the specific difficulties. Well, I could. But it would be really boring.

The other validating part of rehab is that they gave me a *map* of a brain and showed me the two parts. I have renamed them: RegularJean and LizardJean. I think everyone is familiar with that more *lizard* part of the brain that does the Fight or Flight thing. It can also Freeze or Fawn. But, it is comforting to know that the LizardJean has been let out of her cage. It was not my imagination. 

Apparently there are ways to put her back in the cage. But to be honest, I'm ambivalent. I'm not sure if the people in rehab want to have this discussion. So far, RegularJean has been acting like she wants to resume her place in the cockpit as the head pilot - and make LizardJean be co-pilot. I suppose LJ should go sit at the very back of the economy section.

I'll be digging up some more envelopes. Thank you for putting up with an odd detour.
 

2 comments:

  1. I love your sense of humor about the whole thing. It's okay to just be you, whether LJ or RJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and am thoroughly enjoying all the envelope artwork and especially your running commentary! You are a clearly a gifted and talented writer....

    ReplyDelete