Friday, May 20, 2022

From Janet in April


 This envelope from Janet was accurate foreshadowing of the actual weather. Or maybe the word is fore-showering. I am not one to complain about rain - it's water -- and water is essential. It's right up there with sunlight and air. This is still in the string of afternoon writing. It's drivel. And the bad news is -- it will take another 11 posts to fill up the month. Apologies in advance. 

On a brighter note -- this is a very cool card. I'm interesting in trying to replicate the structure.


Top view - there are 4 ways to flatten it.
Below are the 4 views.





These are details of one of the panels - a cute little envelope and inside - a cleverly edited fortune cookie fortune - or at least that's what it looks like - maybe it's from tea or something. So cute.





Here is a new twist on Blogger - I can't leave a comment on my own blog. Grrrr.
CJ left a comment that this looks like a hot dog book - also known as a revolving door book - both made out of one piece of paper. It's different - in that it has a center column - an enclosed space - and 4 panels coming off that column - so it fold flat - but if you look at the top view - you can see that column - as well as overlapping - and plenty of adhesive.
But - thanks for the comment -- I should post directions for the revolving door book - and my variations. I get a lot of use out of that structure. I love comments that give me ideas for future posts.


2 comments:

  1. That card looks a lot like a small book made from one sheet of paper Hotdog Book by Susan Gaylord

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Jean -- 1) Wasn't that an AWESOME env.??? I got a similar one -- so fun! and 2) What a GREAT perspective on the rain!!! I never ever thought of it that way, and now, b/c of what you wrote, I will be more appreciative of it (even though it can wear on me if there's too much). Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete