Saturday, May 21, 2022

Sharon - twice in April?

Before we get into todays envelope - I need to warn the exchangers that my envelope for May will be really boring. Some will include an odd personal note apologizing for the blah-ness of the envelope. Some might have an additional odd note inside or on the back apologizing for not sending a proper thank you for  the mail I received in April. Then - in a couple weeks there will be a full explanation. It might not make sense. But, I none of this is dramatic or worrisome. It's just the stuff of the day.



I think Sharon must have sent both a regular mailing as well as a birthday card in April. Thank you very much. A paper pony is lovely. As mentioned from time to time, I'm not a house pet person. And, I spent enough time at the ranch in Montana where my mom grew up to know that I would not want to hang with cows, pigs, chickens, geese, guinea fowl, peacocks, horses, or sheep. They did not have sheep - but the neighbors did and sheep might be the worst on the smell-o-meter. As a courtesy, I never order lamb or buy it. I'll eat it if someone serves it at dinner - as if I'm ever invited to dinner.

I suppose if I had to pick an animal as a preferred animal, I'd go with either a milk cow or chickens. I'm fond of beef - so, I suppose I could warm up to a nice little calf if someone else did the conversion-to-dinner process. Not that I would be able to butcher a chicken by myself -- but, dang, I know how to pluck 'em. Is there a compassionate way to *off* chickens?

Oh my gosh - coffee time has my little wheels turning. A summer camp for families where city-folks learn where food comes from - and there is nothing held back. I don't have time to Google - but I have a feeling that someone has already come up with this. If anyone has time to research - please let us know.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment