Saturday, January 29, 2022

Too loose to Janet



Remember how I said thatI like it when I get looser. This is too loose. I also flipped the process and wrote the letters and then outlined them rather than drawing outlines and filling them in. This one might have worked if I had done a skinny A. It looks too much like JANE. I'm just going to use this to stuff the envelope - 

Then I tried this - I found a darker blue - but it was way too strong. If those two blues were swapped, it might work. I can't decide if I am going to try that. How many rejects do you think I can cram into an envelope?



***

I just deleted pointless jabbering about my pet sitting. It was fine. I'm more interested in the things I did to the house while my son was gone.

Also - I am posting the things that I put inside the exchange envelopes that I thought were rather lame. I bought two wedge brushes and thought I would give them a try. They are lots of fun. I was too lazy to get my gouache out, so I just used some random sparkle stuff. 

That big mush of a flower clashes with the hearts. I rather like that style of writing - but it needs to be planned out or fit into an actual layout. Winging it is not my cup of tea.


I thought maybe adding words would fix things.
I was wrong.


Then I switched to flourish-y type stuff. 
It's OK - but not really my style.

Then I tried writing with the triangle brush and the Happy was OK.
But, I messed up on the flourishing and then turning it into something for V-day didn't work out.


I should know that it takes a fair amount of puttering about to get the feel of anything new.
It was pointless to try to make something pretty -- but, it gave me something to put inside the envelopes that I deeply regretted.
Duh. Why don't I write *deeply regret* 

At the last minute, I added the letters D-I-S-C-O-M-B-O-B-U-L-A-T-E
to some of them. I like little penciled words.



1 comment:

  1. I know everyone is their own worst critic, but I love all of your flourish/Valentine cards! They would make me so happy if I'd made them.

    ReplyDelete