Friday, January 21, 2022

Hey, Christine - today's post is below this one

 On Feb 3rd, there will be an adorable envelope from Christine. It arrived in Dec and I sent a thank you a few days ago. The envelope was bizarre -- and while I had fun puttering on my desk - after I dropped it in the mail, I thought that Christine might think I'm a little nuts. I don't think I am nuts - just a little loopy.  

Our WiFi is down -- and I was able to connect with my hot-spot - but all of a sudden - that's not working - otherwise, I would have added this P.S. to that post.

Grrrrrr - OK now it is working.

Here is the envelope - heavily redacted since Christine did not sign up for an exchange. She has a lengthy last name - and she referenced it in her note to me. This is an idea that I saw many decades ago - and I wish I could remember which book. It might have been one by a guy named Ferber? Does anyone recall?

And then - I got to thinking -- did it even have the last name - or did it have the town -- 

Was it more like:  THAT DULUTH WOMAN

I wanted to explain this in a note - but, was headed out and preferred to just get it in the mail. I also wanted to explain why the red envelope is clearly a mistake from a job that I turned inside out. But, this post is too long - so, maybe I will talk about that some other time. I should be less concerned about Christine thinking I am nuts because if she reads the blog and then spontaneously sent me an envelope, she must have some sense of whether or not I am nuts.

Grrrr. Every time I start feeling better and spend a day getting stuff done, the following day I am discombobulated and ramble like this. 



Scroll down for the daily post.


2 comments:

  1. I think the book is 'That Churchill woman'.

    I love everything about this envelope, Would it be possible to see the whole alphabet of this lettering?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes -- I will be happy to posts the whole alphabet -- I need to name it -- it's my own current style of all caps.
      Thanks for the name of the book -- I'll look into it --

      Delete