Monday, January 10, 2022

From CathyO in Dec


More lovely work by CathyO.
She nails her caps on the italic because they are not too tall. My apologies for mentioning this every time I see them, but it is one of the most common mistakes in italics.
Composition is nicely balanced. I bought two sizes of the wedge brushes and have done a tiny bit of experimenting.

The card is so pretty - and I like seeing her work on both black and white.
Notice the red rules above and below the image that was layered onto a white card.
It's a perfect little detail and so much smarter than trying to do a border.
Highly steal worthy idea.

Even numbered days are supposed to talk about design, lettering, art, etc. Odd days are supposed to include my random topics. 

***

Update: the whole even-odd-topic thing has fizzled out. But, I'm OK with that. Further apologies for mindless jabbering about my process. 

 

1 comment:

  1. oh wow, that card is Gorgeous!! I got one similar, but not on black. Love it.

    ReplyDelete