Saturday, January 22, 2022

Christi's flip side and card


I forgot to add this to the envelope from ChristiP. She has a character - it might be an alter ego? I'd should go look at her blog and re-read the [about me] - I'll leave that for those of you who need some other places to go today. I'm on a roll filling up all of January.

I like the character -- it is an I. Dang, it has a name. I'm so tempted to make a corresponding J person.

Normally, I would do the research to find the name - but, I'm going to leave it as it is - to illustrate a point I need to make. I'm having a lot of trouble with my memory. Sometimes, it is essential that I stop and figure things out. But, that uses up brain energy - and I have a finite amount of brain energy - so I have to be careful to only research things that are essential.

As previously mentioned, I had ideas for organizing the blog posts. Then I was blessed with a new idea from the Greeks to just embrace the chaos. So, that's what's going to happen. 

Whenever I go back and edit something I have written - I find a lot of typos. I also find a fair amount of gibberish. On top of that - I also find that I have very little memory of having written the gibberish. 

Getting back to more lettering and talking about lettering and design should be good for all of us. So, that is where we are headed.
 

Oh -- I think it came to me -- I think the I's name is EWO - Eyes Wide Open. Or Ewo?

https://ewoandchristi.wordpress.com. <Link to her blog

***

Idea on the day before this pops up when I am doing a final edit: What if we all made a little alter ego of ourselves using the first letter of our names? I should have used the monster stamps as inspiration and made little monsters out of the initial letters on the first names - on the most recent exchange. As luck would have it, Feb is coming up.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jean, Thanks for all the shout-outs. And yes, she is my alter ego, and her name is Eyes Wide Open, or EWO for short. ¶ about the envelope – I was at an antiquarian book fair in November and found stacks of the Christmas Seals. I bought 2 full pages and planned to just send them to you, but you posted, not long after, that you had (maybe?) finally gone through most of your own batch. ¶ That's when the envelope idea grabbed me.I was worried it wouldn't make it thru the post, but looks like it handled it fine.¶ Best of the new year to you, and keep hanging in there, memory or not. We are all on your side. – Christi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a *duh* moment when I realized that the name of your blog is Eyes Wide Open - so it shouldn't have been such a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried to find ChristyP's link to her blog but cant see it anywhere that you mentioned. Clicked on everything to the right HELP!!

    ReplyDelete