Friday, January 21, 2022

Beeline and Blue - wall photo


Does anyone know how that address included the bar code? I can see that it is presorted mail. I guess people who know how to print presorted mail would have computer programs that automatically printed the bar code. Beeline and Blue is a company that creates all kinds of very large images. Many years ago, the business was Des Moines Blueprint - and they printed out blueprints. Even though there is no handwork on this card or envelope, I like the way they figured out the envelope and I'm a fan of stripe-y designs.

They sent me a card because I order things from them once in a while. My most recent project is this large photo of my grandkids. The room is solid windows on the other three sides, and to the right of the door is all cabinets, so that odd shaped wall is the only place for any artwork. The woodwork around the window is such a strong element that I could never picture any framed artwork on that wall. So, I was happy to learn about a material that is fairly heavy and it clings to the wall. The photo is repositionable. I chose to print it in black and white. It costs the same to print in full color. 


***
If you want something like this - I found an online company that has a ton of options. If you live in a town where there are large format digital printers, I would recommend going to one of them. For large images, you need to know how to transfer the image at the highest possible resolution.





The table where we eat is to the left and the kids are at eye level when seated. If I were to take a photo specifically for that wall, I would probably choose a slightly different proportion. I did print out a paper image as a test run - and it was larger - but seemed to overpower the space. That window into the kitchen is great for the light it provides - but the shape and that wall really bug me. Thankfully, I am getting less picky about all these random details. 


6 comments:

  1. Love the photo of your grandkids! Agree the window is too large and out of proportion. Not a random detail at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to let you know that I tried commenting many times from my ipad, using safari and then I tried Chrome, but I was getting an error and couldn't see the comments. So in case you get repeat comments, that could be me! I'm now on my desktop computer using Chrome and I can see the comments and your reply just fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes -- I could see the various comments. Part of the issue is that I have clicked the setting to moderate the comments because those pitiful spam-people leave spam-comments - so, I have to OK any comment before they are posted.

      And the other issue is that Blogger is 100% free - which is lovely - but sometimes it is less than perfect. But, it generally works the bugs out. When it is not working right for me, I just take a break and come back later - and then it works.

      Thanks for posting comments -- I always enjoy hearing from people :-)

      Delete
    2. In future, I'll ignore the Google error message -- had a wordpress blog or three, so not unfamiliar with freebies 😜

      Delete
  3. Excellent photography! Although, with those beautiful models, how could you go wrong with any picture? Great idea about enlarging, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't take credit for the photo. I can take credit for knowing a professional who did a mini-session with the kids when they were 4 and 6 years old. We have a park in our back yard - and I thought the tree looked good in a room with windows on 3 walls.

      Delete