Saturday, January 8, 2022

From Meg (words?) Wacky cakes



I love these - and hope to come back and say more.
At the moment, it is Dec 17 and I am having my final day of rest before the week of anticipation that the grandkids will be having before Christmas. 

The NYTimes had an article today about the latest style in cake decorating -- wacky and whimsical. That is right up my alley. I'm wistful that I am not young enough to dive into the world of wacky, whimsical cakes. At one time I had all kinds cake decorating paraphernalia and had all kinds of fun trying alternative things and I'm annoyed that I did not take pictures. Sadly, I did not save all the paraphernalia - so I ended up buying some new stuff and hope the grand kids are old enough to enjoy it.

The article had a link to someone here is Chicago who has gotten plenty of attention.

Here is another site that has been around for a long time. I thought I had linked to it previously, but I didn't find anything in a search. Warning: some of the comments are not kid-friendly. Some of the Cake Wrecks - are sum-thin' else.
They are definitely way beyond wacky and whimsical.


This was on the Dec 16th post. The link is to the main page - so there will be different cakes by the time this post pops up.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment