Sunday, January 30, 2022

WTHIMWWMTJ (a rant for those who like the rants)

 Where The Heck Is Mr W With My Taco John's? I'm forced to surf while I wait for my lunch



These leaves are flat enough to use for a bookmark. But they are not real leaves. They are pens.
They also come in an oak leaf.
DesignBoom has tons of cool stuff


MrW stopped to get a coffee and ran into a friend. He apologized for being tardy.* Then he told me about someone telling him that for a while he has seemed *tired.* He thought that it was either turning 70 or maybe a reaction to the vaccines and boosters, 

I sat there for a minute, enjoying my TJ and then told him that I needed to say something and he needed to just listen and after I was done, I really did not need to hear what he thought of what I said. I repeated the part which was a request to not hear any response to my comment.

Here is what I said: For nearly 6 months, he has had to do all the things that I can't do and they are mostly the really mindless tasks that I have been doing for 41 years and all of those things add up to mind-numbing tiredness. It's not that they are hard to do. It's that they are soooooo routine and lacking in a fun component. I added that in all the years of fulfilling mindless tasks, at no time did I think he was taking me for granted or act like he did not appreciate everything that got done. He's always been appreciative. But, until you've shuffled around in my uggs, you have no idea how exhausting mindless chores are.

Do you think that he was able to just nod his head and honor my request to not utter any response?

Does the pope wear a funny hat?

He proceeded to tell me that he tells people that *things are different and he can't do all the things he used to do.* Well, join the club.

Did I nail him for not honoring my request? No, I was very polite and tossed out a completely different topic and he headed off on the new topic

As Kahil Gibran says:

“I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers.” 


Not me. I'm eternally grateful. 

***
Envelope for the day. Another one that I did not use. I made the J and then realized that it was an upside-down lower case R - but then I made it too long - and while I like the idea, I didn't like it enough to redo it. So this is another *non-sendable* that ended up inside the envelope that was also uber-GRRRR. 

There is a piece of white tape covering up the bottom part of the R that should not be there.








No comments:

Post a Comment